When thinking about coffee, it reminds me of quiet mornings, busy days, relaxing on the weekend, or rushing out the door on Monday morning. Palm Bites carries a variety of ethically sourced and flavourful coffee that combines purpose and pleasure. Most people start their day with a cup of coffee, and it's been a go-to for those who need an extra load of energy. However, coffee has many health benefits that we go unaware of.
Here are our top 5 Health Benefits of Coffee!
- Lower risk of depression - According to a study, coffee’s positive impact on mental health may be related to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as caffeine’s ability to block receptors from binding with a chemical (adenosine) that causes fatigue and depressive states.
- Lower risk of type 2 diabetes - Studies have shown that drinking 3 cups of coffee a day may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. Coffee contains polyphenols, a molecule that has antioxidant properties which are widely believed to help prevent inflammatory illnesses.
- Protect against liver conditions - Coffee is a rich source of dietary antioxidants which is why coffee consumption is often associated with lower liver enzyme levels. Studies show that drinking more than 2 cups of coffee per day protects against the progression of almost all forms of liver disease.
- Support brain health - Studies show that caffeine disrupts adenosine, a cell chemical that can start a chain reaction that leads to a disruption of neuron function, neurodegeneration, and eventual dementia. Also, coffee is one of the best sources of neuroprotective antioxidants available.
- Could increase longevity - According to an article authored by Dr. Ananya Mandal, research shows that drinking at least two cups of coffee per day can increase the life expectancy of consumers by up to around two years. Coffee happens to be the biggest source of antioxidants in the Western diet. Antioxidants are well-known to protect against oxidative stress in our bodies caused by damaging free radicals.
Though many of us find ourselves with a cup of Coffee for purpose or pleasure on mornings, it has a surprising amount of health benefits that we reap without knowing. Palm Bites has an incredible collection of different Coffee's, get your hands on a Palm Bites Coffee today!
Coffee and health: What does the research say? - Mayo Clinic
The Health Benefits of Coffee - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
Coffee and Diabetes : Health Benefits, Prevention and Risks (mantracare.org)
Coffee and Liver Disease (nih.gov)
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!