Hazelnut, also known as filbert, is a type of nut from the Corylus tree. It is cultivated in Turkey, Italy, Spain, and the United States. Hazelnuts are a sweet and mild nut and are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Hazelnut is one of our favourite nuts here at Palm Bites, and we have a wide variety of products that utilize its incredible flavour! Here are the top 5 health benefits of hazelnuts.
- Rich in antioxidants - The most abundant antioxidants in Hazelnuts are known as phenolic compounds, they can help decrease blood cholesterol, inflammation and improve overall heart health. In addition, a study showed that eating hazelnuts, with or without the skin, significantly reduced oxidative stress compared to not eating hazelnuts.
- Regulates blood sugar levels - Dietary fibres in Hazelnut reduce the absorption of sugar by the bloodstream, regulate blood sugar levels and aid with insulin sensitivity.
- Reduces inflammation - Hazelnuts have been linked to lowering inflammatory markers, thanks to their high concentrations of healthy fats.
- Protection Against Cancer - Hazelnuts contain a wide variety of antioxidant compounds, vitamins and minerals in addition to manganese superoxide dismutase - an antioxidant enzyme that helps decrease oxidative stress and may also help reduce the risk of developing cancer.
- Provides Relief From Stress And Depression - Hazelnuts may provide relief from stress and anxiety because of their rich nutritious profile. Essential compounds such as alpha-linolenic acid and omega-3 fatty acids in Hazelnut reduce stress and anxiety and improve our neurological health. B vitamins such as vitamin B6 calm our nervous system, relaxes us, and reduce stress.
Hazelnut is one of our favourite nuts here at Palm Bites, and we have a wide variety of products that utilize its incredible flavour. We have the Naked, and Two Bite Palm Bites with Hazelnuts or rich Hazelnut Butter, Hazelnut Barks, Hazelnut Energy Bites, Dark Chocolate Covered Hazelnuts and Hazelnut Butter Jars. As you can tell, we love using Hazelnut for it’s incredible taste and health benefits in our products and we’re sure that you’ll love them to.
8 health benefits of hazelnuts (medicalnewstoday.com)
7 Ways Hazelnuts Benefit Your Health (healthline.com)
Hazelnuts: Health Benefits, Nutrients per Serving, Preparation Information, and More (webmd.com)
35 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits Of Hazelnuts - Good Health All
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!