Macadamia nuts are a tree nut native to Australia but are now grown in different areas of the world, including Hawaii and parts of Latin America, Asia, and Africa. Macadamia nuts have a mild, butter-like flavor and are often eaten in baked goods such as Cookies or as chocolate-covered nuts. Macadamia nuts have a reputation for being a super nut. That’s because they’re packed with vitamins and minerals, including protein, iron, and vitamin A. Macadamia nuts are packed with antioxidants. One ounce of macadamia nuts is about 200 calories and 21 grams of fat, only three grams of which are saturated fats. Let’s dive into our top 5 Health Benefits of Macadamia Nuts!
- Promotes Heart Health - A 2015 review of six studies found that macadamia nuts helped decrease risk factors for cardiovascular disease by reducing cholesterol levels and helping with inflammation and oxidative stress. Researchers believe the heart benefits of macadamia nuts come from their high monounsaturated fat content.
- May Aid Weight Loss - Despite being rich in calories, macadamia nuts may aid in weight loss. Their concentration of protein and fibre may explain this, these two nutrients are known to reduce hunger and promote feelings of fullness. In addition, Macadamia nuts are also rich in monounsaturated fats, especially the omega-7 fat palmitoleic acid, which may protect against unwanted weight gain.
- Providing Anticancer Properties - Macadamia nuts contain flavonoids and tocotrienols, plant compounds that test-tube studies indicate may help fight or kill cancer cells. However, researchers have not solidified the claim that the consumption of Macadamia Nuts will significantly help fight against cancer.
- May Improve Gut Health - Macadamia nuts contain fibre, which benefits your digestion and overall gut health. As is the case with most nuts, the soluble fibre in macadamia nuts can act as a prebiotic, meaning that it helps feed your beneficial gut bacteria.
- Lower Risk of Metabolic Syndrome - Macadamia nuts may help reduce your risk of metabolic syndrome. This syndrome involves various risk factors, including high blood pressure, high triglycerides, low HDL cholesterol, high blood sugar, and belly fat.
Here at Palm Bites, we love the buttery smooth taste and crunchy texture of Macadamia Nuts, which we carry as Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts, Date Bark and in our Two Bite Palm Bites. Our Two Bite Macadamia is a delicious, healthy combination of Dates, Dark Chocolate and Macadamia Nuts! Macadamia Nuts are a delicious and incredibly healthy treat that we’re glad to carry in so many tasty forms!
10 Health and Nutrition Benefits of Macadamia Nuts (healthline.com)
Macadamia Nuts: Health Benefits, Nutrients per Serving, Preparation Information, and More (webmd.com)
Macadamia Nut Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits (verywellfit.com)
Benefits of macadamia nuts: Preventing heart disease and more (medicalnewstoday.com)
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!